Every Christian church has its own style of worshiping Jesus. We try to create a reverent and relevant worship experience at King of Kings. Our services meet you where you're at - whether you're brand new or have been worshipping with us for years.
Our services are liturgical, meaning they usually follow a similar pattern each week, including:
- The Invocation - We call on the name of our Savior God as we praise him.
- Admitting sins and Hearing Forgiveness - We acknowledge that we have not always done what God asks. Then we are assured of forgiveness because of what Jesus Christ has done for us.
- Bible Readings - We hear selections from God's Old Testament prophets, Jesus' apostles, and from Jesus himself in the Gospels. The pastor or worship leader also gives a brief explanation of each reading.
- Sermon - Our pastor or worship leader offers instruction and encouragement in a Bible-based sermon. We hear how we can expect God's guidance and grace for dealing with problems, as well as the promise of eternal life in heaven through Jesus.
- Response to the Word - We respond with offerings, hymns, and prayers in thanks for the things God has promised to us and for strength to do what he has asked.
- Parting blessing - We hear one last assurance of God's care.
Mixed throughout these different parts of our service are hymns and short songs to praise God.
More than okay. In fact, we'd love to gift you a Bible at your first visit to King of Kings.
We believe that God's Word has the power to change everything. It would be our honor to send you home with a Bible, and walk with you as you learn more about God, Jesus and what it all means for your life.
There is no dress code at King of Kings. You’ll see some people dressed in jeans and a polo, others will be dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, still others will be more formal in a tie or dress. Come as you are, however you are most comfortable!
We love having children in the service. Most importantly - children are welcome in our services, stickiness, noisiness, off-key singing; we love and invite it all.
We also know that sitting still for an hour can be tough, and our church family welcomes children of all abilities. If your little one needs a break, you can bring your child to our nursery.